Saturday, January 17, 2009

Welcome







Welcome to the DELISA family history web page! This website is devoted to Italian genealogy, and specifically, the tracing back of DELISA families and their history to its earliest origins. To date, most of my research indicates that DELISA families can trace their roots to south central Italy. Many DELISA families originate from the small town of Sassano in the Salerno Province of Italy. Several other DELISA families have originated in from the small town of Roccavivara in the Campobasso Province in the Molise region of Italy. Still others have originated from Padula and Novi Velia in the Salerno Province.


I had orginally pubished this informaton on a website back in 1998. Since then, I have collected an abundance of information about my surname and its origins. I have had the local civil and church records searched for DELISAs dating back for hundreds of years. My hope is to make my findings available to all, so as to enrich all of our knowledge about the origins, the genealogy and the history of the DELISA people and the region. Of course, I welcome any and all contributions.
















1 comment:

  1. I'm so thrilled to have found you, again! Does the old website still exist? I have a family member who was looking for it. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete